ANTA Sports Tides Over Economic Cycle with Confidence - Group Revenue Reaches Record High in 2022, Surpassing RMB50 Billion for the First Time
(Hong Kong SAR, 21 March, 2023) – ANTA Sports Products Limited ("ANTA Sports" or the "Company", stock code: 2020.HK, and its subsidiaries collectively the "Group"), a leading global sportswear company, today announced its audited annual results for the year ended 31 December 2022 (the "financial year").
Financial and Operational Highlights
- Adhering to the principles of "Longtermism" and having confidence in our country: the Group’s multi-brand strategy has yielded fruitful results. The Group's revenue increased by 8.8% to RMB53.65 billion in 2022. The Group's operational measures and "Dynamic Management" approach have been effective, profit attributable to shareholders reached RMB7.59 billion, outperforming market expectations;
- Enhancing employment: In 2022, the Group recruited more than 17,000 college graduates and young talents; created 59,000 direct employment opportunities; proportion of female executives above director level was more than 36%;
- Industry-leading investment in innovation: The Group invested nearly RMB1.3 billion in technological innovation research and development, promoted sustainable packaging, and increased the proportion of environmentally friendly materials;
- ANTA has ranked first in terms of brand salience related to the Olympic Games and pushed forward the "Lead to Win" acceleration plan. ANTA’s segment revenue grew by 15.5% to RMB27.72 billion;
- FILA’s segment revenue amounted to RMB21.52 billion, outperforming top international peers with its high-quality growth and leading store efficiency, product performance and retail channels while maintaining healthy inventory level;
- DESCENTE and KOLON SPORT recorded strong growth: Total revenue of all other brands leaped by 26.1% to RMB4.41 billion;
- Despite the challenges of the Pandemic, the Group's operational measures and "Dynamic Management" approach have been effective, with operating profit and profit attributable to shareholders outperforming market expectations;
- Amer Sports Holding (Cayman) Limited (a joint venture of the Company, owning the business of Amer Sports) achieved record high performances and has share profit to the Group, yielding the fruits of Globalization;
- The Group had ample cash flow, with a total of RMB27.69 billion in cash and cash equivalents, fixed deposits held at banks with maturity over three months and pledged deposits at the end of the financial year, an increase of RMB3.11 billion year-on-year. Net cash position also increased RMB3.59 billion to RMB15.00 billion as compared with that as at the end of 2021. Free cash inflow amounted to RMB10.42 billion, reflecting a strong cash generating capability;
- Advancing ESG development: The Group became a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact; procured the use of renewable energy in self-owned operating facilities and over 20 suppliers’ facilities; joined the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi); worked with WWF to promote biodiversity conservation and the protection of endangered species such as Northeast Tiger and Yangtze River Dolphins; and
- Breakthroughs in social welfare and philanthropy: The Group is committed to social welfare donations and donated a total of RMB23 million in cash to different charities, with the value of donated sportswear (calculated at tag value) exceeding RMB200 million; The Hemin Foundation set up by the founding family of the Group solely donated the construction of the Fujian Hemin Hospital to support the national project of regional medical centers and enhance the region’s capacity of medical services.
A representative of ANTA Sports said: "The Group's 'Single-focus' and 'Multi-brand' strategies laid a solid and sound foundation, which enabled us to accumulate successful experiences in incubating new brands and expanding our presence in segmented markets. We further optimized our governance structure and business operations to drive strategic changes, while effectively implementing the Group's strategies and seizing new development opportunities. While emphasizing our 'Single-focus' on the sportswear market and creating consumer values, the Group also continued to cater to diverse market demands through our 'Multi-brand' strategy, delivering sportswear products with high quality to consumers. More importantly, the Group further advanced its 'Globalization' strategy. Meanwhile, apart from continuing to expand our presence in the China market, we will also bolster our competitive advantage in the global industry, maintaining our focus for 2023 on advancing our 'Globalization' strategy to expand our global presence, gradually and steadily moving towards our long-term goals and vision to “become a leading multi-brand sportswear group in the world”.
- End -
For more 2022 annual results-related documents and information about the Company, please visit our investor relations website http://ir.anta.com.
About ANTA Sports
ANTA was established in 1991, while ANTA Sports Products Limited, a widely recognized global sportswear company, was listed on the Main Board of HKEx in 2007 (Stock code: 2020.HK). For many years, ANTA Sports has been principally engaging in the design, development, R&D, manufacturing, marketing and sales of professional sports products including shoes, apparel and accessories to Chinese consumers. By embracing an all-round brand portfolio including ANTA, FILA, DESCENTE and KOLON SPORT, and by setting up an investor consortium to successfully acquire Amer Sports in 2019, a global sportswear group that has internationally recognized brands including Arc'teryx, Salomon, Wilson, Peak Performance, Atomic, etc. ANTA Sports aims to unlock the potential of both the mass and high-end sportswear markets.
IR website: http://ir.anta.com
WeChat official account: antatiyu_20070710
For further information, please contact:
ANTA Sports Products Limited
Investor Relations Department
Tel: (852) 2116 1660
Fax: (852) 2116 1590
Citigate Dewe Rogerson
Tel: (852) 3103 0118